Monday, January 21, 2008

What the hell is a blog?

You know I get on this thing occasionally and use it as a forum to voice my feelings on things. I am not a guy who uses fancy terms. I dont put what I say into poetry form. Hell I very rarely even use the spell check. And with all this being said, I am not sure that I am sure what a blog is about. Is it a dear diary? Is it a place where you try and talk like you are from Seattle and are in a coffee house?

I dont think I have come across to many blog's that say how great the sex was they had last night. How much they hate their significant other for doing something stupid. So on and so forth.

I mean instead of making a poem out of how a co-worker upset you why not just say " that person was being an ass and I would like to back over them with a sherman tank". Am I supposed to be more restrained or put it in some fancy term like" I would like that person to feel like an unpollinated flower would feel as a bee flies by".

If any of you have some advice as to how a blog "should" be I am all ear's. I am not knocking any of the way other people do their thing but I am wondering if I am doing this right. Because when I look at a blog I love to see the ones that read as if you are talking to that person face to face and read like it is a diary and something they feel deep down.

So blog world..... what say you?

3 comments:

melissa said...

you're right. your blog is yours to say what you want, when you want. and you know what? i've said things from time to time that have gotten me into hot water with people i care about. but, at the same time, it's MY blog and i'll say what is on MY mind. use it however you like. : )

Anonymous said...

amen to that. write your heart out baby. you write about anything you like. and if you feel the need some days? you can start out with 'Dear Diary'

a mouthy irish woman? ridiculous! said...

a blog is your space. to do what you want, when you want. picture, poetry, stories, soap box, tv...there are no rules except the ones you make up for youself. non judgement is the biggest thing i try to remember. it's an extension of the person posting.